Manx Queenie Recipes
We'll add a few Queen Scallop recipes here that we like.
Manx Queenies (Queen Scallops) and Chorizo Salad
- Place frying pan on a high heat and add small amount of oil.
- Add chorizo to the hot pan cook for a few seconds then add Manx Queenies.
- Reduce heat slightly, cook for 2-3 minutes then add a knob of butter, season and serve over mixed salad.
Manx Queenies (Queen Scallops) and Stilton
- Place a frying pan on a high heat and add small amount of oil.
- Add Manx Queenies to the pan and cook quickly for 2-3mins.
- Place Manx Queenies in a dish , then place pan back on heat and add white wine.
- Reduce wine by half, add cream and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and crumble in stilton. Do not re-boil as it will split.
- Return Manx Queenies to the pan allow to heat back through, season to taste.
- Serve in a dish with crusty bread and salad.
Manx Queenies (Queen Scallops) Wrapped in Bacon
- Mix sherry and sugar, then add Queen Scallops and leave to marinade (1hr).
- Place one Queen Scallop and water chestnut on a strip of bacon and wrap. Secure the parcel with either a toothpick or a skewer. Repeat for each Queen Scallop.
- Grill Scallop and Bacon wraps until cooked - about 6-7 minutes.